Khan’s Tutorial Chairperson Mrs. Nayeema Khan receives record breaking 12 Proclamations at 5th Annual Prestigious Women’s Gala Awards
New York, New York March 20, 2018 - Last week, Mrs. Nayeema Khan, Chairperson of Khan’s Tutorial was awarded by the National Action Network, West Nassau Chapter at the Annual Prestigious Women’s Gala Awards. The National Action Network has been a leading civil rights organization fighting for social issues mostly focusing on equal opportunity. In addition to a crystal trophy from the National Action Network Mrs. Khan received an astounding 12 different government recognitions at the ceremony including:
- Proclamation from Office of State Comptroller Di Thomas DiVapoli
- Congressional Achievement Award – US Representative Gregory Meeks
- Proclamation - US Representative Joseph Crowley
- Proclamation - State Senator Leroy Comrie
- Proclamation - Town of North Hempstead signed by Councilperson Vivian Russell, Councilperson Peter Zuckerman, Councilperson Angelo Pirrera, Councilperson Anna Kaplan, Councilperson Lee Seman, Councilperson Dima DeGiorgio
- Proclamation - State Senator Todd Kaminsky
- Citation of Merit – Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr.
- State Legislative Resolution by NYS Assembly
- Citation by Town of Hempstead
- Proclamation - Westchester County
- Proclamation - Public Advocate Leticia James
- Proclamation - NYC Council
“On this occasion, you honor distinguished women who are outstanding examples of strength and stability and inspiring leadership. They are women of bold vision who have improved their communities and our greater society through their personal as well as their professional accomplishments. All New Yorkers congratulate and celebrate these women as catalysts for meaningful progress and change in the world. I join in applauding such admirable trailblazers who are forging a path to a better future for generations of women leaders,” said Governor Andrew Cuomo.
“I am so honored to be recognized by the National Action Network and thrilled to have received so many government awards. For the past 24 years, our goal at Khan's Tutorial has been to provide a quality education to New York City families. As we enter our third decade, we hope to continue to help New Yorkers and empower our community through education,” said Mrs. Nayeema Khan, Chairperson of Khan’s Tutorial.
With 11 locations in the outer boroughs of New York City, Brooklyn, the Bronx, and in the Jackson Heights, Jamaica, Astoria, Sunnyside, Ozone Park, and Floral Park neighborhoods of Queens, Khan’s Tutorial primarily serves in assisting families in low-income, new immigrant neighborhoods. Over 2,979 students have gained admission to New York City’s Specialized High Schools through Khan’s Tutorial since its inception in 1994